funtoo forums

Question

Hey all. I've been messing with my Intel BayTrail (Atom-based Z3740D CPU) tablet trying to get it to boot and properly run Funtoo Linux. I've gotten it to boot actually but now I decided I want to dual boot Funtoo and Windows 8.1. I have Windows on the internal flash (NAND) and it boots up fine, but I'd also like to have Funtoo as an option as well. There's one catch: I have it installed on a 16 GB microSD card. I assume I'd need an initramfs with the proper parameters/drivers/modules to tell the kernel where the root partitions for Funtoo is etc. I know what modules I'd need to get it working, but I don't know how to tell genkernel to generate an initramfs image with the right device path in /dev, and the required modules to load as the initramfs loads up.

Is anyone up to the task of helping me out?

Thanks,

Shiggitay

8 answers to this question

sorry i wasn't feeling good last night shiggitay....  yeah your fstab is messed up.  swap can be a file or a partition.  your configs set for partition mode so it would need another partition or set to file mode....  arch has good documentation on setting up a swap file if you're pinned into moving that way rather than re-partitioning.

https://bpaste.net/show/6879b47aeb6e

i use a swap file on my root partition located @ /swap

sorry i wasn't feeling good last night shiggitay....  yeah your fstab is messed up.  swap can be a file or a partition.  your configs set for partition mode so it would need another partition or set to file mode....  arch has good documentation on setting up a swap file if you're pinned into moving that way rather than re-partitioning.

https://bpaste.net/show/6879b47aeb6e

i use a swap file on my root partition located @ /swap

Okay... point made, but that's not quite my issue... I'm trying to boot up from an SD Card, and from what I know you need an initramfs to load up before the kernel can with the proper mmc_core etc drivers. THAT'S what I'm asking for help with.