Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Bentōō (An user-friendly Stage4 of Funtoo Linux.)

I installed the latest Bentoo iso (v0.10) . All went quite well, installer needs some polish, like the slides shown but the result worked.

My touchpad did not work during in the live environment but did after install. I wanted to install debian-sources by doing USE="binary" emerge debian-sources but it complained about several packages blocking it and it referenced to kde stuff.

Also the lightdm started and was set to boot a kde-session. So I added gdm, switched to it and selected gnome. Smooth. There is a hplip system tray missing error after 30sec or so but overall I got a funtoo up and running in almost no time, thanks!

How should I upgrade my kernel on bentoo? 5.2.17 is installed now and already has some vulnerabilities.

5 hours ago, mhe said:

I installed the latest Bentoo iso (v0.10) . All went quite well, installer needs some polish, like the slides shown but the result worked.

My touchpad did not work during in the live environment but did after install. I wanted to install debian-sources by doing USE="binary" emerge debian-sources but it complained about several packages blocking it and it referenced to kde stuff.

Also the lightdm started and was set to boot a kde-session. So I added gdm, switched to it and selected gnome. Smooth. There is a hplip system tray missing error after 30sec or so but overall I got a funtoo up and running in almost no time, thanks!

How should I upgrade my kernel on bentoo? 5.2.17 is installed now and already has some vulnerabilities.

Please, join on telegram group is more faster to help you.

https://t.me/joinchat/DG0l5Rez0MRt4p2GHnNohQ