libcaca fails to emerge

- - - - -

3 replies to this topic

geekt

geekt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I just got a few "new" old games, two of which run in DOSbox, and require libcaca. Needless to say, it fails, and I haven't been able to find a solution online. I was hoping that maybe someone could help me.

emerge -pqv '=media-libs/libcaca-0.99_beta19::gentoo'
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/libcaca-0.99_beta19  USE="X cxx ncurses opengl python truetype -doc -imlib -java -mono (-ruby) -slang -static-libs {-test}" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby21 ruby22 ruby23 ruby24"

cardinal

cardinal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Uninstall dev-util/cppunit before building media-libs/libcaca.

We use gcc-5.3.0 but libcaca fails to build if I have cppunit-1.14 installed
Bug 619698 - =media-libs/libcaca-0.99_beta19 does not build with gcc-5.4.0 and >=dev-util/cppunit-1.14

geekt

geekt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Thank you!

Disappointed that didn't show up when I was searching. I spent over an hour, but that was mostly in the Gentoo forums, because that's usually where my answers to problems show up.

It built beautifully after I removed cppunit. Only problem was me being dumb and forgetting to use -1 when reinstalling cppunit, so I had to go remove it from the world file, but gave me a chance to see if anything else needed to be removed.

Thank you so much!

Oleg Vinichenko

Oleg Vinichenko

Staff

• Moderators
  • 415 posts

i'm seeing quite a bit of failures in different packages with cppunit-1.14. so it will be important to investigate.

www.funtoo.org

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users