adcdam

Problem with ncurses

Question

Hi, when trying to update portage couln t compile ncurses 6.0-r1, so i masked ncurses 6.0 and 6.0-r1 in etc/portage/package.mask

then i installed ncurses 5.9 problem is that when booting cdm can not start i get ncurses can not start or something like that 

i get this 

/usr/bin/cdm: line 140 order not found

what can i do? 

2 answers to this question

Provide info to help solve why ncurses-6.0-r1 fails to compile/merge on your system.

Post wgetpaste links to output and build.log : 

* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=sys-libs/ncurses-6.0-r1::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=sys-libs/ncurses-6.0-r1::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-6.0-r1/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-6.0-r1/temp/environment'.

http://pastebin.com/bAFU5g5b

http://pastebin.com/Xp2swm63

The /var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-6.0-r1/temp/build.log is more than 7000 lines 

and the var/tmp files more than 3000 lines are these absolutely necessary?

Ncurses 5.9 is working now, but can not compile 6.0-r1

edit:  its very strange i tried to install ncurses 6.0-r1 and it was installed with no problems!!!!! i can not understand why i didnt do anything different!!