Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

SSL enabled on bugs.funtoo.org

• 1 year later...

It works, but you are getting a 'B' rating on ssllabs.com.   Weak DH key exchange parameters and support of older RC4.   I recently set this up (tengine/nginx) so if you want a copy of the config file, lemme know  (I get an A+, and that's with the free certificate from startssl).  Took me awhile to find all the tweaks for tengine/nginx to lock everything down.   Time to update the HOWTOs.

In fact, getting Joomla to work with Tengine requires some magic regex that was incredibly hard to find!  I added some extras to detect mobile browsers and redirect (to another domain or a directory via URL rewrite) which you can turn off via "Request Desktop Site", and this is ignored for the joomla URLs since it detects this stuff itself - it's just a regex.  And the virtual mail server how-to was pretty dated as well.

Whats the procedure for updating these?  I might go ahead and take a stab at it.

It works, but you are getting a 'B' rating on ssllabs.com.   Weak DH key exchange parameters and support of older RC4.   I recently set this up (tengine/nginx) so if you want a copy of the config file, lemme know  (I get an A+, and that's with the free certificate from startssl).  Took me awhile to find all the tweaks for tengine/nginx to lock everything down.   Time to update the HOWTOs.

In fact, getting Joomla to work with Tengine requires some magic regex that was incredibly hard to find!  I added some extras to detect mobile browsers and redirect (to another domain or a directory via URL rewrite) which you can turn off via "Request Desktop Site", and this is ignored for the joomla URLs since it detects this stuff itself - it's just a regex.  And the virtual mail server how-to was pretty dated as well.

Whats the procedure for updating these?  I might go ahead and take a stab at it.

bottom left, expand the wiki....   http://www.funtoo.org/Welcome

your login info is the same as forums and bugs

thanks for updating the documentation, i dont have a machine in the wild to test stuff of this sort against and i wrote a bunch of the web stuff.