Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Setting the Initial Framebuffer

faultyuseflag

Question

Hello, everyone!

I have an issue that I haven't been able to resolve yet. Funtoo is running on my system, but I would like to modify the parameters at boot so the boot screen was running in 1920x1080 mode. I believe it is in 1024x768 mode currently, as shown by the "videoinfo" command that I run at the Grub command-line stage. I've modified the /etc/boot file to have a "params += GRUB_GFXMODE=1920x1080-24,auto GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep" (along with the root info, of course), but this does not seem to work after I 'ego boot update'. I also modified the file at '/etc/default/grub' to reflect these values (with the (x)x(y)-(b) format which a GTX 970 apparently needs), to no avail. Does 'ego boot update' also process 'grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg' when it runs? This seems like a simple matter to resolve, but I've tried many suggestions over the past week, and nothing seems to be working.

Thank you for any suggestions!

3 answers to this question

17 hours ago, cardinal said:

I had come across these posts  before, and they do not solve the problem. I've tried both the variant of just the resolution and the resolution with the color bit, and the system never boots up in 1920x1080 mode. I've placed the display module on its own section. What else is going on?