Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Problem emerging Firefox or Chromium with FrankenChroot

minou666

Question

The rootfs I use is a modified version of the stage3 I published on my website for the Beagleboard X15 (I also published one for the beaglebone AI)

I wanted to check it out, I can compile files easily on those boards, the idea is to create one for the PocketBeagle. I have designed several boards for the PocketBeagle and RPI-0 which I haven't received yet due to the virus in China.

For curiosity I tried to emerge Chromium and Firefox and it fails for both. The message given doesn't give me clues on a solution

I gave a ctrl C to end the infinite loop

(chroot) localhost /etc # emerge --ask firefox

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies                           tUnable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
 eUnable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
y/var/git/meta-repo/kits/core-kit/eclass/meson.eclass: line 88: cannot create temp file for here-document: Permission denied
eUnable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
                 oUnable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
        aUnable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
       oUnable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
 Unable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
m... done!

Michel

3 answers to this question

The problem was the FEATURE userfetch, when I took it out it got a bit farther. It gives bunch of errors due to conflict with gnome, I may have forgot to set the kit for mate.

I have ran a world update and didn't have any such errors. I am using the version 1.4 for my arm boards.

localhost / # emerge firefox
Calculating dependencies /Unable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
 -Unable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
 \Unable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
 /Unable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
 |Unable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
 |Unable to configure loopback interface: Operation not supported
... done!
[ebuild  N     ] media-libs/libvpx-1.7.0  USE="highbitdepth postproc threads -abi_riscv_lp64 -abi_riscv_lp64d -doc -static-libs -svc -test"
[ebuild  N     ] net-libs/http-parser-2.9.2  USE="-abi_riscv_lp64 -abi_riscv_lp64d -static-libs"

Not important for now,  my main interest in the next few weeks is to complete the software support for the cape boards I designed for the pocketbeagle, beaglebone and rpi-0

I have a funtoo 1.4 done for the beaglebone AI which is based on the one I created for the beagleboard X15. I have a gentoo for the pocket beagle, need to change it to be funtoo.

I have created funtoo for many Odroid boards (X86_64 and ARM) as well as Olimex boards (Allwinner ARM)

A bigger challenge is going to be creating a good funtoo for my Creator Ci20 (MIPS) boards. I did a gentoo one a few years ago,it was not very stable. it would crash at random.

I will have to add MIPS support to my qemu if it is not allready there.

Michel