funtoo forums
Sign in to follow this  
saskia

Broken files on fastpull-us.funtoo.org

Question

Hi,

this is more of a bug report and should probably be reported there but it appears I'm too dumb-sighted to spot the link. So sorry for the inconvenience.

In the past few days I had some weird problems that emerge would always want to download files, even though they are present on the file system.

May I suggest that when a downloaded file is corrupt, i.e. the checksum doesn't match, it would be great if emerge would mention that in the logs?

As for the broken files:

noto-cjk-201506.15.tar.xz [emerge -pv reported ~300MiB but the download was ~90MiB]
flask-principal-0.4.0.tar.gz

The download was from https://fastpull-us.funtoo.org/distfiles which was redirected to cdn77.
Sorry I didn't make notes of the other files as I didn't relate that to broken downloads.

Anyways, thanks for your effort.

3 answers to this question

On 9/26/2018 at 5:21 PM, palica said:

without actual logs it is just reading from a crystal ball.

https://bugs.funtoo.org for bug reports, but again with actual logs and errors.

Hi,

yes, I have read the How do I ask a good question page. But this wasn't me asking for help but rather a report that there are broken files hosted on that provider.

I cannot post a log anymore because I re-downloaded the files from another mirror and didn't keep the broken files.

There was no error message related to the problem either. Just a cannot extract <filename.tar...> which made it sound like the file doesn't exist.