Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

XA state tracker failure with mesa 18.2.0-rc2

onli

Question

I just tried to do a system upgrade. I get this error message for the mesa build:

Meson encountered an error in file meson.build, line 593, column 4:
Problem encountered: XA state tracker requires at least one of the following gallium drivers: nouveau, freedreno, i915, svga.

The log of this is here. It mentions the meson log, I uploaded that one here. The initial portage output is here

I will now dig into the libva problem, maybe the issue is that requirement?

I'm using the radeon driver and do not see how any of those options mentioned in the error message could be required for me.

6 answers to this question

I tried to fix this by removing the xa useflag I had in my /etc/portage/make.conf. That specific error vanished for me. However, now I'm getting a different error. I'm not even sure what exactly goes wrong there. Is it stopping because of the warning?

{anonymous}::get_symbol_offsets(const llvm::Module&)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
    get_symbol_offsets(const ::llvm::Module &mod) {
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After all that is the last compilation step done. Or is the problem the llvm lib issues above?

src/gallium/auxiliary/libgallium.a(gallivm_lp_bld_tgsi_action.c.o):lp_bld_tgsi_action.c:function d2f_emit: error: undefined reference to 'LLVMBuildFPTrunc'
src/gallium/auxiliary/libgallium.a(gallivm_lp_bld_tgsi_action.c.o):lp_bld_tgsi_action.c:function up2h_emit: error: undefined reference to 'LLVMInt16TypeInContext'
src/gallium/auxiliary/libgallium.a(gallivm_lp_bld_tgsi_action.c.o):lp_bld_tgsi_action.c:function i64div_emit_cpu: error: undefined reference to 'LLVMBuildSDiv'
src/gallium/auxiliary/libgallium.a(gallivm_lp_bld_tgsi_action.c.o):lp_bld_tgsi_action.c:function u64div_emit_cpu: error: undefined reference to 'LLVMBuildUDiv'
src/gallium/auxiliary/libgallium.a(gallivm_lp_bld_format_aos_array.c.o):lp_bld_format_aos_array.c:function lp_build_fetch_rgba_aos_array: error: undefined reference to 'LLVMBuildFPTrunc'

I already recompiled gcc and llvm, so I'm stuck there.

But maybe removing xa makes it work for you and the llvm stuff is something specific to my system?

>>> Failed to emerge media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2:

* ERROR: media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2::xorg-kit failed (compile phase):
 *   ninja -v -j6 -l0 -C /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2/work/mesa-18.2.0-rc2-abi_x86_32.x86 failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   92:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 3394:  Called multilib-minimal_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1932:  Called multilib_foreach_abi 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 2163:  Called multibuild_foreach_variant '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 1798:  Called _multibuild_run '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 1796:  Called _multilib_multibuild_wrapper 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line  830:  Called multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1926:  Called multilib_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2375:  Called meson_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1720:  Called eninja '-C' '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2/work/mesa-18.2.0-rc2-abi_x86_32.x86'
 *   environment, line 1245:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "$@" || die "${nonfatal_args[@]}" "${*} failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2::xorg-kit'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2::xorg-kit'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2/work/mesa-18.2.0-rc2-abi_x86_32.x86'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-18.2.0_rc2/work/mesa-18.2.0-rc2'

Remove of the use flag xa did not solve my issue, too....