Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

emerge --newuse -uD world - mips-sources problem?

walterw

Question

I am attempting to update my systems and for whatever reason, when running:

emerge --newuse -uD world -vp

mips-sources is complaining of eapi7-ver: EAPI=5 not supported.  I don't have mips-sources installed and I'm on an x86/64 system.

Calculating dependencies / * ERROR: sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.13.16::nokit failed (depend phase):
 *   eapi7-ver: EAPI=5 not supported
 * Call stack:
 *                     ebuild.sh, line 603:  Called source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/nokit/sys-kernel/mips-sources/mips-sources-4.13.16.ebuild'
 *   mips-sources-4.13.16.ebuild, line  27:  Called inherit 'eapi7-ver' 'eutils' 'kernel-2'
 *                     ebuild.sh, line 294:  Called __qa_source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/core-kit/eclass/eapi7-ver.eclass'
 - *                     ebuild.sh, line  79:  Called source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/core-kit/eclass/eapi7-ver.eclass'
 *              eapi7-ver.eclass, line  62:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           die "${ECLASS}: EAPI=${EAPI:-0} not supported";;
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.13.16::nokit'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.13.16::nokit'`.
 * Working directory: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.13.16/work/linux--20171007'
 | * ERROR: sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.9.75::nokit failed (depend phase):
 * Call stack:
 *                    ebuild.sh, line 603:  Called source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/nokit/sys-kernel/mips-sources/mips-sources-4.9.75.ebuild'
 *   mips-sources-4.9.75.ebuild, line  27:  Called inherit 'eapi7-ver' 'eutils' 'kernel-2'
 *                    ebuild.sh, line 294:  Called __qa_source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/core-kit/eclass/eapi7-ver.eclass'
 *                    ebuild.sh, line  79:  Called source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/core-kit/eclass/eapi7-ver.eclass'
 *             eapi7-ver.eclass, line  62:  Called die
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.9.75::nokit'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.9.75::nokit'`.
 - * Working directory: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.9.75/work/linux--20161216'
 \ * ERROR: sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.4.110::nokit failed (depend phase):
 * Call stack:
 *                     ebuild.sh, line 603:  Called source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/nokit/sys-kernel/mips-sources/mips-sources-4.4.110.ebuild'
 *   mips-sources-4.4.110.ebuild, line  27:  Called inherit 'eapi7-ver' 'eutils' 'kernel-2'
 *                     ebuild.sh, line 294:  Called __qa_source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/core-kit/eclass/eapi7-ver.eclass'
 *                     ebuild.sh, line  79:  Called source '/var/git/meta-repo/kits/core-kit/eclass/eapi7-ver.eclass'
 *              eapi7-ver.eclass, line  62:  Called die
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.4.110::nokit'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.4.110::nokit'`.
 * Working directory: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/mips-sources-4.4.110/work/linux--20160123'
... done!

Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 KiB

WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

dev-python/urllib3:0

dev-python/urllib3-1.23:0/0::python-modules-kit, ebuild scheduled for merge conflicts with
    <dev-python/urllib3-1.23[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_4(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-)] required by dev-python/elasticsearch-py-6.3.0:0/0::python-modules-kit, installed

Now, the interesting thing is, I only get this error when updating systems with ZFS, but those ebuilds don't appear to have changed recently.

I'm running the default kits, but I also tried updating to 1.2 where possible, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

5 answers to this question