Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

What's the normal way to take advantage of kits-fixups?

monkeymonkey

Question

Hi All,

I'm still coming up to speed on kits and wanted to put together some notes on how it all pieces together (and where there are current references to them).

One thing I don't yet understand is how the kit-fixups work.  I think I understand the concept, mentioned here by Oleg:

But how do fixes flow from fix-ups to on github to my PC?  

What started my investigation is a bug in an ebuild (libbluray) fixed by Oleg and then me trying to work out how to get it into my system so I can continue my world update.  I can see the changes Oleg made in kit-fixups to media-kit 1.1-prime and that is enabled in my system.  I feel that I'm either missing something on my PC that pulls in fixups (but ego kits list doesn't show fixups as an option).  Maybe I just need to add it to my repos.conf?  I haven't done so yet n case it breaks things.  I've done an ego-sync and ego query origin on related items, but fixups isn't appearing.

Or is this a matter for the the tree transport / build / scripts to load in periodically in the main branches?

Thanks,

Gary

1 answer to this question

Daniel manages this by merging kit-fixups into the meta-repo using his scripts.

Commits made in the kit-fixups are merged in stage 3 of the merge-all-kits.py script.

If your media-kit is on 1.1- prime and synced then your /var/git/meta-repo/kits/media-kit/media-libs/libbluray should look like this:

https://github.com/funtoo/media-kit/tree/1.1-prime/media-libs/libbluray

If you have update errors push the error messages/failed build logs to a pastebin service with wgetpaste and post the links with a full bug report to bugs.funtoo.org