funtoo forums
Sign in to follow this  
gumtree.jack

emerge -auDN @world faild on at-spi2-core-2.12.0

Question

Hi everyone, Im trying to start my advanture with Funtoo but Ive problem on the beginning. Just after I type:

(chroot) # emerge --sync
(chroot) # emerge -auDN @world

there is an error in emerge. I have no idea why. Did you see anything like that?

* Messages for package app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0:

* ERROR: app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0 failed (configure phase):
 *   econf failed
 * Call stack:
 *          ebuild.sh, line   93:  Called src_configure
 *        environment, line 2817:  Called gnome2_src_configure '--disable-xevie' '--enable-introspection' '--enable-x11'
 *        environment, line 2008:  Called econf '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/at-spi2-core-2.12.0' '--disable-gtk-doc' '--disable-xevie' '--enable-introspection' '--enable-x11'
 *   phase-helpers.sh, line  521:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *               die "econf failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0/work/at-spi2-core-2.12.0'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.12.0/work/at-spi2-core-2.12.0'

2 answers to this question

My guess is that you just updated perl and econf for at-spi2-core failed on checking for XML::Parser. If that's the case, please run "perl-cleaner --all" then restart your world update.

P.S. In the future, please share the full emerge output, not just the part you think is relevant.