funtoo forums
erikr

Gnome Online Accounts in Cinnamon

Question

Hi,

I have just decided that KDE5 is to problematic for me and to try Cinnamon desktop environment. I am a long time user of KDE and new user of Gnome and new to the Gnome world.

My problem is that I would like to creat a Google account and need to find the Gnome Online Account settings.

I have followed the installation instruction on the Wiki and have the gnome-control-centre installed. The USE flag "gnome-online-accounts" is enabled in the installed package. I found some helpful hints on the Arch linux page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME/Evolution#Google_Contacts. But I fail to find the On-line Accounts module (https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeOnlineAccounts).

Help anyone?

Any hints?

Am I blind?

Regards,

Erik

2 answers to this question

Shortcut to launch module could be hidden by OnlyShowIn=Gnome since your using cinnamon?
There is a bug for this affecting ubuntu users on unity and mint users on cinnamon.

# leafpad /usr/share/applications/gnome-online-accounts-panel.desktop

Hi,

Thanks for the hint. I found the .desktop-file.

Adding Cinnamon or X-Cinnamon did not help.  Cinnamon control centre does not recognize On-line Accounts even if started as indicated by the exec line in the .desktop-file. but with cinnamon-settings instead.

What I did was to manually run Gnome Control Centre and there I find On-line Accounts. It worked fine and added contacts to Evolution.

gnome-control-center

// Erik