Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Fresh Install laptop keeps rebooting

riskio

Question

Hi everyone,

I am not new to gentoo or linux, but  I don't consider myself an expert and I have tried to look around google for one day, but I cannot find anything..

Basically I was using Arch Linux but I didn't like it, so I decided to go back to a Gentoo-like distro..

I have installed Funtoo following the tutorial and everything was apparently fine, but at the moment of rebooting

the laptop keeps rebooting... like the bootloader was stuck in a loop.. I can easily boot from usb (I am writing with the gui support of system rescue) but I cannot boot the fresh installed system..

I've used debian-source and genkernel that comes handy with the installation.

My partition scheme is pretty simple : four partitions /boot , / , swap and /home..  ext2, ext4 , swap, ext4 ....

I have a SSD hard disk (could be this?).. and I am using the Old style bootloader..

help =)

2 answers to this question

Apparently I solved the issue...I skipped the sgdisk command because I was assuming gParted was cleaning the partition table the way sgdisk does...I am sure I have erased it and create a new one with gparted before start partitioning.. but apparently I was wrong.. that was the only thing I skipped and now everything is working... so..

I will mark as solved.

PS: could it be a bug of gparted?