funtoo forums
Sign in to follow this  
kundor

xml-rewrite-2.py not found for java-ant_xml-rewrite

Question

Trying to emerge dev-java/ant-core (in the course of emerging libreoffice), I got the error:

ERROR: prepare
No binary for rewriting found.
Do you have dev-java/javatoolkit installed?
ERROR: dev-java/ant-core-1.10.5-r2::java-kit failed (prepare phase):
  xml-rewrite not found

Call stack:
    ebuild.sh, line   93:  Called src_prepare
  environment, line 4125:  Called java-ant_xml-rewrite '-f' 'build.xml' '-c' '-e' 'javadoc' '-a' 'failonerror' '-v' 'false'
  environment, line 1896:  Called die

I do have dev-java/javatoolkit installed.

I tried looking at the function java-ant_xml-rewrite() in core-kit/eclass/java-ant-2.eclass to fix it, but I don't even know what an eclass is. I did manage to figure out that it was looking for a file /usr/lib64/javatoolkit/bin/xml-rewrite-2.py, but all the files installed by dev-java/javatoolkit are in /usr/lib/javatoolkit/ instead. The "lib64" comes from a function get_libdir, and I don't know where that's defined.

I created a symlink /usr/lib64/javatoolkit pointing to /usr/lib/javatoolkit and then the emerge worked.

Are /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 even supposed to be separate directories? This is a newly installed Funtoo 1.4 system, and they were separate directories after the installation (so are /lib and /lib64).

2 answers to this question

Extract the stage3 you used for your installation inside an empty directory.

If lib is not a symlink to lib64 or usr/lib is not a symlink to usr/lib64 file a bug report identifying the defective stage3.

I used https://build.funtoo.org/1.4-release-std/x86-64bit/intel64-skylake/stage3-latest.tar.xz. Of course that's changed since. I used the version current around September 25 or 26, which is no longer available to download.

The current version—stage3-intel64-skylake-1.4-release-std-2019-10-11.tar.xz—still has separate /usr/lib and /usr/lib64, so it seems that would still cause this bug.

The stage3 tarball /lib is a symlink to /lib64, though (which is not the case on my system).

So should I move everything from /lib to /lib64, and everything from /usr/lib to /usr/lib64?