Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

all containers have private meta-repo now

drobbins

• Funtoo Linux BDFL

Container users,

All containers now have private meta-repos now. If you previously had a shared meta-repo, you can fix meta-repo by performing the following steps:

# rm -rf /var/git/meta-repo
# ego sync

Then run ego sync to update your meta-repo as needed. Note that 1.2 is no longer receiving updates and many of you need to upgrade to 1.3. I can assist by loading up a new 1.3 container for you to migrate to -- email me if you are interested in this.

?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/28/2021 at 1:31 AM, dkg said:

FYI, the Funtoo Container FAQ still states that meta-repo is shared.

Yeah.  Reading the FAQ threw me off.  I'm sure my system is one of the old 1.2 ones (maybe earlier) that needs to be updated.  I really don't want to start over again.  I've literally not touched this thing in years.  As long as its running and not hacked, I just couldn't be bothered.  I've been away from computers forever now and barely open my laptop (running Solus because its easy) let alone configure anything.  So now I have a system that can't update!

@drobbins What's the best way to tackle this?  It's just running mail and web services.  Just backup the config in /etc for mail and web services and stuff in /var/www and reinstall?  Oooh ... I better backup /var/vmail!  Is there a package list that can be moved?  I don't remember where its stored.  I literally can't remember what all is installed.  Let me know what you recommend, and there is no hurry.  I just had some time due to a back injury and thought I'd catch things up.  Only keeping the server running because I still use the email for some things and I may install FoundryVTT in the future.  I'll delay updates and fixes to the website until after we break it.

• Funtoo Linux BDFL
21 hours ago, uudruid74 said:

@drobbins What's the best way to tackle this?  It's just running mail and web services.  Just backup the config in /etc for mail and web services and stuff in /var/www and reinstall?  Oooh ... I better backup /var/vmail!  Is there a package list that can be moved?  I don't remember where its stored.  I literally can't remember what all is installed.  Let me know what you recommend, and there is no hurry.  I just had some time due to a back injury and thought I'd catch things up.  Only keeping the server running because I still use the email for some things and I may install FoundryVTT in the future.  I'll delay updates and fixes to the website until after we break it.

@uudruid74 We can help. Email support@funtoo.org with your request, and @coffnix should be able to take a look at your system and assist with upgrading your container. It's good to update it to a current release as there are a multitude of security fixes which are good to have on your container. We can assist with migrating the data.

Best,

Daniel