Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Will be there stage3 for AMD Jaguar subarch ?

ts20tiz

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I hope I do not hijack this post. But it's exactly what I need to know and it's 2 years old with no answer ...

Anybody found wich arch use instead of AMD64_Jaguar since it seems to be still missing ??

Here is my processor info :

linux-0rk5:/mnt/garuda/@/etc # inxi -faz
CPU:       Info: Quad Core model: AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics socket: FS1 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Fusion
           family: 12 (18) model-id: 1 stepping: 0 microcode: 3000027 cache: L1: 512 KiB L2: 4 MiB bogomips: 11179
           Speed: 801 MHz min/max: 800/1400 MHz base/boost: 1400/1400 boost: enabled volts: 1.1 V ext-clock: 100 MHz
           Core speeds (MHz): 1: 801 2: 811 3: 799 4: 807
           Flags: 3dnow 3dnowext 3dnowprefetch abm aperfmperf apic arat clflush cmov cmp_legacy constant_tsc cpb cpuid
           cr8_legacy cx16 cx8 de extapic extd_apicid fpu fxsr fxsr_opt ht hw_pstate ibs lahf_lm lbrv lm mca mce misalignsse
           mmx mmxext monitor msr mtrr nonstop_tsc nopl npt nrip_save nx osvw pae pat pausefilter pdpe1gb pge pni popcnt pse
           pse36 rdtscp rep_good sep skinit sse sse2 sse4a svm svm_lock syscall tsc vme vmmcall wdt
           Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: Not affected
           Type: l1tf status: Not affected
           Type: mds status: Not affected
           Type: meltdown status: Not affected
           Type: spec_store_bypass status: Not affected
           Type: spectre_v1 mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
           Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, STIBP: disabled, RSB filling
           Type: srbds status: Not affected
           Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected

I'm testing installation of Funtoo on my old laptop.  Waiting for the new one to arrive.   Been using funtoo in the far away past and thinking of using it for my new laptop  (it's gonna be a ryzen 7 5300U).

Regards,

BT

Probably best to use the generic 64 bit stage 3 image. Don't forget to install the AMD firmware package as you install the Radeon drivers for the GPU part of that APU. I'm no longer running Funtoo on my systems (mostly AMD APU's, plural!) as I was getting unresolvable (at least by me) dependency blocks as well as pretty long build times. Currently running Devuan, but if Funtoo improves in the dependency resolving dept I'd happily switch back. (which is why I'm still lurking here)

Thanks, I did continue installation with generic 64 bits stage3 image and naturally the AMD firmware package.  But I was just trying to guess why is only that one subarch  missing ??? and it happen to be the one my laptop need ??? 

The part about unresolvable dependency block is more disturbing to me ...  I'm just testing funtoo installation on a VM for now.  I'm still waiting for my new laptop to be delivered.  But if the installation and administration of the laptop become to heavy/complicated I might switch to Artix, Void Linux or Devuan.  I have tried void linux with enlightenment and its really very, very fast.

Thanks for answering,

BT