Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

I am looking at doing the same thing - starting with the gentoo guide - but do not have much spare time at the moment to invest in this. If/when I do, if I have progress I can let you know. ?

The approach that I am now considering is to first follow that Gentoo guide to install arm64 Gentoo on the Rpi 3 B+. Then follow the Funtoo install guide using arm64 generic stage3 from within gentoo on RPi; including building a basic arm64 kernel and installing onto another micro SD card via USB. The downside of this approach is the compilation speed on the RPi being slow. I would prefer to cross compile Funtoo arm64 for RPi however I have so far been unable to successfully create a cross aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu toolchain.

• 2 weeks later...

Some time ago, I installed a compile server following a guide in the Funtoo Wiki, The server was a Pentium D and the clients two Pentium Atom. I want to install Funtoo in a Raspberry Pi but for the compilation time that is going to take, i want to install a Compile Server again. But i don't know If this corosscompile server would be posible (ARM, x86_64).

https://www.funtoo.org/How_to_set_up_a_binary_package_server