Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Tutorials

btn

I am looking for tutorials on any and every aspect of writing an operating system. These could range from kernel development to writing bootloaders and device drivers all the way to compiling software and writing new GUI and audio frameworks. They could also include writing new networking frameworks and how to write new shell commands even.

LIterally I am looking for tutorials on just any and every part of developing funtoo or any operating system for that matter.

if you are interested please just post the tutorials online, that way they are available for everyone to see. I think it would give users an ability to customize their workspace and environment and provide meaningful request for development as well as allowing users to develop the kernel and the OS as they see fit.

Thanks

if you are interested please just post the tutorials online, that way they are available for everyone to see. I think it would give users an ability to customize their workspace and environment and provide meaningful request for development as well as allowing users to develop the kernel and the OS as they see fit.

Thanks

What you want already exist, and this wouldn't be a good forum for it anyway:

http://wiki.osdev.org

Though, I hardly see that much people wanting to tune their kernel and base user-space to the code level, and dealing with up-streaming changes and all that, also when you get into OS internals, tutorials won't be enough, you will need books or more theory for that matter, and study a lot more.