Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

ppc64

shaman

Question

So, I have PowerPC G5(970MP) that I plan to play around with. I know that I can install gentoo on it. The question is it possible to install funtoo on a PowerPC? What entice me to ask this knowing only 32/64 bit and arm stage3 is only supported is reading this http://www.funtoo.org/ReBootstrap  So know this is it possible to build a stage3 PowerPC?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I can;t believe someone else is thinking ppc64!  I was just about to talk to drobbins about this very thing. 

It's a great platform for linuxing.  I'd love to help you out if I could. 

I've got a G5 quad thats not quite ready for production, but I plan on using it to do linux builds on for distriubtion.

It'll be a slow going process, hang in there!

I can;t believe someone else is thinking ppc64!  I was just about to talk to drobbins about this very thing. 

It's a great platform for linuxing.  I'd love to help you out if I could. 

I've got a G5 quad thats not quite ready for production, but I plan on using it to do linux builds on for distriubtion.

It'll be a slow going process, hang in there!

I have Gentoo install and MorphOS installed. You should try out MorphOS it's a AmigaOS opensource/non-free alternative that's probably the best "community" supported ppc port out right now other than gentoo,fedora, and ubuntu. Would be nice if metro supported ppc64 stage3 builds.