Forums in Read-Only Mode - Please use Reddit ×

Too late i have migrated to other distro

Hi @radek, what do you mean with too late?

If It is related with the last @drobbins announcement what I understand he is saying is that he will continue maintaining funtoo just for himself, so I don't expect too much updates, just the packages he uses.

Updating is not just increase the PV and it requieres take a look to changelog, for changes, new dependencies or functionalities as well than some testing so in that scenario using funtoo would be like having a base system you would need to maintain by your own.

In conclusion unless you have much more time than even knowledge, keep using it is not a realistic option.

I have been thinking about it since Daniel said he was done, considering doing It by my own. And even I have started installing a LFS to build my own distro, since I can't find anotherone as confortable as Funtoo is for me, but I just don't have time for that.

I started using gentoo when it was just a release candidate, and move to funtoo as soon as Daniel made it public. There is no other distro I would like to use. But there is no option, at least for now.

All I can do is say a huge thank you to @drobbins for everything he has given me over the past 20+ years (more than half my life) and wish him the best both personally and professionally.