Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Can't emerge cinnamon?

lotsx

Question

Hey guys I just finished setting up my X Window System for the first time using the Funtoo wiki's installation guide and I wanted to use the Cinnamon DE. I couldn't find anything on Cinnamon from the Funtoo wiki so I decided to follow the instructions from the Gentoo wiki (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Cinnamon). When I try to run emerge --ask gnome-extra/cinnamon x11-libs/gtk+extra gnome-extra/polkit-gnome x11-drivers/xf86-video-modesetting, I get this as output: bpaste.net/show/206e740872af

EDIT: It appears wgetpaste did not work properly for the above command. What was outputted to my terminal seem to be a lot of "introspection?" and that "the ebuild selected to satisfy ">app-misc/tracker-0.12:=" has unmet requirements." followed by a list of red and blue use flags.

I'm assuming this might have something to do with my use flags so this is my make.conf: bpaste.net/show/d1846bb1cd53

EDIT: I seem to be able to emerge cinnamon when I run eselect profile add funtoo/1.0/linux-gnu/mix-ins/gnome. Can anyone explain to me why that works and whether it will negatively affect me in the future?

1 answer to this question