funtoo forums
Sign in to follow this  
lefsha

media-libs/mesa EGL includes

Question

While emerging mesa it fails to install /usr/include/EGL/*.h, KHR/*.h and others...

Hm. I've got a concern about quality of Funtoo. Way too many bugs discovered in too short time to my taste.

would be Gentoo on pair with that - ebuilds are mainly copied to Funtoo or there is some one who modify them?

3 answers to this question

Hmm, which funtoo version are you talking about? 1.3 or 1.4? Which version of mesa? What is the exact error message?

In funtoo 1.4 the mentioned include files are installed by media-libs/mesa-gl-headers and not by mesa.

In funtoo 1.3 those files are installed without problems with mesa-18.2.8

OK. Seems like there is a separate package for that to overcome circular dependencies, but why that one is not included as makdep to build other packages...

Added info:

I am using 1.4

Some packages depend on mesa. And it's not enough to have just mesa while headers are not included.

In general it looks like looking for  troubles instead of solving anything.

headers of the same package cannot create a circular dependency with that package - it's trivial.

Is drobins aware of that?

Edited by lefsha
add some info

I haven't seen any circular dependencies with mesa yet as you haven't shown the log with it. So it is hard to say where the problem is or if there is one.

With a complex package like mesa there is always the chance of a bug. If you think you have found one feel free to open a bug at bugs.funtoo.org to get it looked at and fixed.