funtoo forums
Sign in to follow this  
babagnu

ego: command not found

Question

Hi All

This is the first time I am trying to install funtoo on an old T61 laptop, it was going good till I have been instructed to do ego sync to sync the portage tree, I am getting

-bash: ego: command not found

Note: as instructed I fire this command from chroot, and i am using gentoo livecd

Thanks

BabaGnu

7 answers to this question

A short Google search says your T61 has a Core 2 Duo T7300 CPU.  After searching for T7300 on the Funtoo CPU database ( https://www.funtoo.org/Funtoo_CPU_Database ) I see that it requires the generic_64 subarch tarball so go ahead and use that one.  After the install is complete you can use ego to set your profile to native_64 if you wish gcc to use -march=native.

Thanks Lazlo for the help, i followed the generic_64 all went well, but after reboot nothing, the HD is not booting anymore, I wanted to try on this old T61 before i can perform the real test on a production pc.

I used the rescue cd from the link of main funtoo install page, since the T61 was not booting from HD i tried to boot from this rescue usb, now after reboot in the rescue cd it looks different e.g. i can not run any command, I tried lsblk nmtui etc but getting command not found

Let me know what can be done here

Thanks

Azher

We will need a bit more info from you.  First off, did grub install ok?  Was there any strange output from ego boot update?  What error message do you get when trying to boot?  Did you install based on UEFI or BIOS?

Hi Lazlo

Here are my answers

First off, did grub install ok?   ==> Yes no errors

Was there any strange output from ego boot update?  ==> No

What error message do you get when trying to boot?  ==> No message just a cursor blinking

Did you install based on UEFI or BIOS?  ==> BIOS

Hope it helps

Thanks