funtoo forums
jho

Jenkins java application in funtoo container

Hi all,

I am currently renting out a large sized funtoo container and started up a small jenkins instance (it's got one job) on there. The issue is that I am consistently seeing it crash with the errors:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGBUS (0x7) at pc=0x00007fd18b2cb8be, pid=11645, tid=0x00007fd173a51700
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_192-b12) (build 1.8.0_192-b12)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.192-b12 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0x9578be]  PerfLongVariant::sample()+0x1e

Google research is showing that it's an issue with the memory or diskspace, but I have the jvm tmp directory in a user home folder and there's still 137G available space on there

Has anyone encountered this issue or know how to deal with this when running in a funtoo container? I'm running the process with the below command:
java -server -Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/user/jenkins/tmp -Xms40966m -Xmx8192m -jar jenkins.war 

Uploaded hs_err_pid11645.log

thanks for your response!

i first looked at that and thought "oh wow.... really?!" to myself, but it turns out to be just a typo on my part, the log shows that the jvms is loaded at 4096. i did some more digging and found that people had suggested using the jvm flag 

-XX:-UsePerfData

and since then the crash hasn't occured again! ?