Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Local overlay woes

dkg

Question

I wanted to try out the latest version of darktable, v2.4.0.  So, I downloaded the gentoo ebuild, put in in my local overlay, and ran 'ebuild darktable-2.4.0.ebuild manifest'.  Then I ran 'emerge -u darktable'.  But I got the following error:

>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/darktable-2.4.0/work/darktable-2.4.0 ...                                                                                                          
 * Applying darktable-find-opencl-header.patch ...                                                                                                                                                   
/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/darktable-2.4.0/temp/environment: line 1029: /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/darktable-2.4.0/files/darktable-find-opencl-header.patch: No such file or directory               
 [ !! ]                                                                                                                                                                                              
 * ERROR: media-gfx/darktable-2.4.0::chopin failed (prepare phase):                                                                                                                                  
 *   patch -p1  failed with /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/darktable-2.4.0/files/darktable-find-opencl-header.patch

What have I done wrong?

5 answers to this question

23 hours ago, palica said:

you have to download also the files directory as the ebuild is using the files from there :) as the error message states.

Got it.  I guess I was expecting some command to do this.  It seems strange as I've been using gentoo/funtoo for so long, but I must have never downloaded an ebuild that needed a patch before.  Thanks.