funtoo forums
yczo

Kernel UEFI, GPT, mount root part "/" like read only; don't mount /boot & /home

Question

Hi comunity, (please pardon for my English)

Im trying to configure a new custom kernel, but it does not work.

When the Kernel starts, the root partition is like read only mounted. On the other hand /boot (Efi) and /home are not mounted

Please, someone so kind to help me? Thanks in advance

(Please ignore the systemd line. I have disabled it and I have the same problem)

here is the config for my kernel v4.9.6    https://pastebin.com/UC9GeZjT

my dmesg output   https://pastebin.com/gTgdGUYV

my fstab file

#/dev/sda1------------------------------------------------------------------------>
UUID=A841-5975          /boot           vfat            auto,noatime            1 2     

#/dev/sda7------------------------------------------------------------------------->            
UUID=70ef3567-5816-41fa-9647-b4e9ef8f05a4               /home               xfs             noatime,nodiratime      0 1

#/dev/sda9------------------------------------------------------------------------->
UUID=a6943e82-8de6-45f8-9b26-1779f0a37b8e               /           xfs             noatime,nodiratime      0 2

my /etc/default/grub  config

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="root=UUID=a6943e82-8de6-45f8-9b26-1779f0a37b8e rootfstype=xfs"

my kernel Built in chain

[*] Built-in kernel command line                                                                                  ? ?  
  ? ?                                           (root=UUID=a6943e82-8de6-45f8-9b26-1779f0a37b8e rootfstype=xfs) Built-in kernel command string                    ? ?  
  ? ?                                           [*]   Built-in command line overrides boot loader arguments

Regards

1 answer to this question

Hello, yczo!

Your system is embedded? I found this in the documentation of the kernel:

CONFIG_CMDLINE_BOOL:                                                                                                                                                                                      ?  
  ?                                                                                                                                                                                                           ?  
  ? Allow for specifying boot arguments to the kernel at                                                                                                                                                      ?  
  ? build time.  On some systems (e.g. embedded ones), it is                                                                                                                                                  ?  
  ? necessary or convenient to provide some or all of the                                                                                                                                                     ?  
  ? kernel boot arguments with the kernel itself (that is,                                                                                                                                                    ?  
  ? to not rely on the boot loader to provide them.)                                                                                                                                                          ?  
  ?                                                                                                                                                                                                           ?  
  ? To compile command line arguments into the kernel,                                                                                                                                                        ?  
  ? set this option to 'Y', then fill in the                                                                                                                                                                  ?  
  ? boot arguments in CONFIG_CMDLINE.                                                                                                                                                                         ?  
  ? Systems with fully functional boot loaders (i.e. non-embedded)                                                                                                                                            ?  
  ? should leave this option set to 'N'.                                                                                                                                                                      ?  
  ? Symbol: CMDLINE_BOOL [=n]                                                                                                                                                                                 ?  
  ? Type  : boolean                                                                                                                                                                                           ?  
  ? Prompt: Built-in kernel command line                                                                                                                                                                      ?  
  ?   Location:                                                                                                                                                                                               ?  
  ?     -> Processor type and features                                                                                                                                                                        ?  
  ?   Defined at arch/x86/Kconfig:2195

You tried without this parameter? Did you try this on /etc/fstab:

/dev/sda1          /boot           vfat            auto,noatime               1 2
/dev/sda7          /home         xfs              noatime,nodiratime      0 1

You could post the output of these commands, please:

#grep GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID /etc/default/grub
#ego profile list flavor
#lsblk -o +fstype,label,uuid,partuuid