funtoo forums
quiznilo

Funtoo, Metro, LXC and you

Okay, I successfully used the latest metro in github to create a nifty LXC tarball named lxc-amd64-k10-funtoo-current-2017-05-13.tar.xz.  Our documentation was quite thorough on how to set up and run Metro.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no information on how you use your new LXC tarball.  From http://www.funtoo.org/Linux_Containers, we get:

It is now also possible to use Metro to build an lxc container tarball directly, which will save you manual configuration steps and will provide an /etc/fstab.lxc file that you can use for your host container config. See Metro Recipes for info on how to use Metro to generate an lxc container.

Fantastic, but I'm a little unclear on how to set up this config.  Does it need to be created by the root or by a user?  I've tried to untar this thing and it ended with some mknod failures.  should I untar it into /lxc/funtoo0/rootfs?  It is a mystery.

I'm probably missing some steps and I'll update this if I manage to make any progress.