Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

Missing wifi icons all of a sudden

lozenge

Question

This started sometime last week when I boot into my funtoo box and noticed my XDM had changed itself from the gentoo branded theme to the default one. Upon logging in to an openbox session I realized that my nm-applet icon shows up, but its just the "missing icon" icon and not the signal strength one. Annoyed, I decided to switch my icon theme only to realize that every single one is suffering from the same problem. So I figured I would give wicd a shot and sure enough its suffering from the same issue.

I'm baffled and very annoyed. I didn't start after an upgrade because I am moving so soon so there is no internet at the house. I took my laptop downtown to see if an upgrade would help but it didn't.

This problem is happening with icon sets installed to both /usr/share/icons as well as my ~/.icons folder.

Anybody have any idea why or how this could just randomly happen? It's driving me mad. I love funtoo and the last thing I want to do is ditch it over an icon issue...

-Hank

post-865-0-49759600-1458801487_thumb.png

2 answers to this question

Just ran wicd-gtk from the terminal and it printed this out

?  ~ wicd-gtk
Has notifications support True
/usr/share/wicd/gtk/wicd-client.py:95: GtkWarning: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
  theme = gtk.icon_theme_get_default()