kindofblue

can't build kde-plasma/plasma-meta

Question

I tried to build kde-plasma/plasma-meta on two different PCs but they both fail on the same package, sys-apps/accountsservice. The error message is that systemd is required. I added the nosystemd mix-in to my profile but that didn't help. I tried to blacklist the package in package.mask but emerge returns an error saying that it must be unmasked.

Would someone know if there's a way to build this package without systemd?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I do not use KDE, so I do not know the answer to your question off-hand; however, would you be able to do:

1. post emerge --info

2. post the stack trace / log message

According to this:

https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-apps/accountsservice

You are right that systemd should be an option.  Additionally, exploring the ebuild from funtoo on github:

https://github.com/funtoo/nokit/blob/master/sys-apps/accountsservice/accountsservice-0.6.50-r1.ebuild

REQUIRED_USE="?? ( elogind systemd )"

!systemd? ( !elogind? ( sys-auth/consolekit ) )

I think if I'm interpreting that correctly, when systemd is disabled, elogind must also be disabled and you need consolekit.

I have this issue on my server at the moment, but I am not using KDE on it.  It is still running Funtoo 1.3 and I discovered this while trying to rebuild the system with -mtune generic so I could upgrade the hardware next month without a reinstall.  This issue stopped my "emerge -e @world" in it's tracks.  On my desktop I just did a fresh install of Funtoo 1.4 and was able to install sys-apps/accountsservice without issues. 

I haven't looked into the issue any further because I am fighting with I desktop.  If I win I get to use Steam in Funtoo.  If it wins I have to keep Ubuntu installed on one of my disk partitions.