funtoo forums
padawan

I can´t compile rust-1.29.2

Question

Hello, i´m recently installed Funtoo linux following the install guide of the official page of Funtoo. (Sorry if my english it´s bad, i´m spanish speaker)

Ok, my problem it´s the following: when i execute the command: 

emerge -auDN @world

It gives me the following errors when compiling rust-1.29.2:

failed to parse TOML configuration '/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/rust-1.29.2/work/rustc-1.29.2-src/config.toml': expected a table key, found a right bracket at line 33.

failed to run: /var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/rust-1.29.2/work/rustc-1.29.2-src/build/bootstrap/debug/bootstrap build --config=/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/rust-1.29.2/work/rustc-1.29.2-src/config.toml -j2 --exclude src/tools/miri

Build completed unsuccessfully in 0:13:35

And here is the build.log of the compilation:

build.log

1 answer to this question

From which directory did you start the emerge? Please start it from a directory that is not temporary, to avoid errors like this:

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

If the emerge fails again post the contents of '/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/rust-1.29.2/work/rustc-1.29.2-src/config.toml'