walterw

[SOLVED] git-annex fails to build due to lack of space in /var/tmp

I am attempting to install git-annex and apparently this has not been installed for some time, but I did have git-annex installed a while back.

My /var/tmp is tmpfs and has 12G allocated.  When attempting to install git-annex, it requires at least 8GB free and fails:

Checking for at least 8 GiB disk space at "/var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/ghc-8.0.2/temp

The build will most probably fail, you should enhance the space as per failed tests.

I could do a bind mount here, but why does the ebuild care if it is disk or memory for the underlying device?  Is there another way around this short of doing a bind mount here?

Thanks,

Walter

It shouldn't care, allot of us use /var/tmp on tmpfs. Is your /var/tmp/portage full of failed builds causing less than 8 gigs of space? Or something else filling /var/tmp?

Ah, you're right, my chromium build fails and isn't cleaned up.  I will modify the build process to wipe /var/tmp for me :).  I was checking after the entire build completed and /var/tmp was wiped - I forgot about failed builds not being cleaned.