I'm a debian user (basic skill) from Spain and I'm trying to install gentoo on my old computer that I use for testing old hardware and distrohopping:
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 +3000 (socket 754)
- MOBO: ABITKV8 PRO http://abit.ws/page/...TYPE=Socket 754
- GPU: AMD/ATI RV280 Rdeon 9200 pro (agpX8)
- Soundblaster 24 bits SB0410
- WIFI D-Link
- 2 Gb RAM DDR 400.
- DVD Recorder
- HD SATA 120 Gb (debian Jessie) - not connected in the instalation,
- HD IDE 160 Gb (funtoo)
On my first try following the installation guide I had the error in the picture.
I found this answer on gentoo forum:
So I decided to try to fix it, doing systemrecue live cd again, and as chroot and I checked fstab file. I've found the name of partitions where incorrect (I had sda1, sda3 and sda4 instead sda1, sda2, sda3).
I changed it and I followed the installation manual to leave: updating grub, dismounting and rebooting and here I am. I think I did it!
I hope this help to other users.