Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About cbdougla

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

651 profile views
  1. Sorry if this isn't the right place to do this. I clicked on the link to get an account on the bug tracker but it didn't work. There's a bug in the ebuild for zabbix 5.0.2. The source code has changed the location of the front-end UI and the ebuild has not been modified to reflect this change. I humbly propose the attached patch. I am not much of a coder but I've installed the resulting ebuild and it is in production. patch.txt
  2. I would tend to agree that if you're doing an upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4, I would do 1.3 first since there are so many changes in 1.3. That said, I would not reinstall X at the end of the 1.3 update but go ahead and do the 1.4 update first and make sure your video card related mix-ins are all set before reinstalling X.
  3. Quick self-update. I removed all of the x11-proto packages as suggested in the 1.2 to 1.3 upgrade procedure, removed the stuff I had put in the VIDEO_CARDS variable in make.conf and removed the USE variables for xa and the vmware video driver in various packages in package.use (libdrm, mesa, xorg-server) I added the vmware-guest as a mixin and emerged the x11-proto, and xorg-server stuff and it all seems to work fine now. Kudos..
  4. I'm performing the 1.4 migration on my VM and it has mostly gone well but I am running into some of those issues with video cards. I looked into using the video card mixins but I am running this in VMWare and I didn't see a mixin for that so I am bravely making lots of stupid mistakes. At least, I'll claim to do them on purpose since the alternative is admitting that I don't know what I am doing. Here's what I continue to get when I try to do an emerge --update for @world cricket /etc/portage # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y -j3 --keep-going @world Calculating dep
  5. This may not be very helpful but you could create a script to run the appropriate systemctl or rc-service commands and then call that script from your .xsession file with an & at the end to put it in the background. Or perhaps put it in the /etc/init.d/local file, also with an "&" at the end. This would allow it to start on boot but it wouldn't delay the startup. Maybe. I'd need to try it myself. If it were me and I didn't want it to start automatically, I would probably not want to to start from the .xsession either and would just opt to start it manually when I logged in
  6. well, I have an update to this. I downloaded and compiled the xf86-video-vmware driver from the xorg gitlab repo (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-vmware) and copied the resulting driver into the /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers folder and it seems to be working. Both drivers report to be version 13.3.0. There still seems to be some strange behavior (it's crashed a couple of times on startup because it couldn't find an input driver?). Very odd. Xorg.0.log
  7. I remember doing something like that but I've tried so many things that I can't remember. Just to be clear, it uses the vmware driver...or it tries to and then segfaults . If I move the vmware driver out of the way, it uses modeset and works fine. I added those lines and did an emerge --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y -q -j3 @world. It rebuilt x11-drivers/xf86-input-vmmouse-13.1.0-r1 to and x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.20. I then rebooted and tried startx again with the same results. Thank you for the suggestion.
  8. I should have included that information in the original post. Sorry about that. I have not created an xorg.conf file. I am letting it autodetect. I am attaching text files with the information requested. emerge-info.txt lspci.txt
  9. I've been having a problem recently with my Funtoo VM (VMware for Windows host). When I run startx with the vmware video driver installed, I get a segfault such as the following: [ 326.599] (II) vmware(0): Initialized VMWARE_CTRL extension version 0.2 [ 326.599] (II) vmware(0): Initialized VMware Xinerama extension. [ 326.599] (II) vmware(0): vgaHWGetIOBase: hwp->IOBase is 0x03d0 [ 326.600] (EE) vmware(0): Unable to map mmio BAR. Invalid argument (22) [ 326.607] (EE) vmware(0): Unable to map frame buffer BAR. Invalid argument (22) [ 326.607] (EE) [ 326.60
  10. I am having trouble upgrading from Zabbix 3.2.6 to Zabbix 3.2.7. The configure script, on my system at least, does not detect the mysqlclient properly. Here's the section of the configure script I am having trouble with: if test -x "$MYSQL_CONFIG"; then MYSQL_CFLAGS="`$MYSQL_CONFIG --cflags`" _full_libmysql_libs="`$MYSQL_CONFIG --libs`" for i in $_full_libmysql_libs; do case $i in -lmysqlclient) _client_lib_name="mysqlclient" ;;
  • Create New...