You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-21 19:03:02

Lucas Meneses

dbus | Failed to start message bus (SOLVED)

Hello! First I apologize for the english google translator. I have a pretty annoying problem here. At first I thought it was simple to solve, but after hours of trying I decided to use the forum. My system is working perfectly the only problem is that an error message appears on boot that is:

dbus | * Starting D-BUS system messagebus ...
dbus | Failed to start message bus: Failed to bind socket "/ var / run / dbus / system_bus_socket": Read-only file system
dbus | * start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/ usr / bin / dbus-daemon '
  [! ]
dbus | * ERROR: dbus failed to start
NetworkManager | * ERROR: can not start the NetworkManager dbus would not start

It also appears that something never seen in any of my installations funtoo. Before starting openrc appears:
sh: bad number.

I have no idea what it is. Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by Lucas Meneses (2013-08-28 11:41:44)

#2 2013-08-26 23:54:22

EigenHead

Re: dbus | Failed to start message bus (SOLVED)

Hi Lucas. Which runlevel do you have dbus added to? My guess would be that dbus is trying to start before the "root" init script has had a chance to remount "/" as read/write. Check /var/log/rc.log to confirm that.
Did you say that dbus is functioning normally after login? I suspect that if that is the case, then dbus keeps trying to start during the init process and eventually starts normally after the "/etc/init.d/root" script has run.
My apologies if you've already ruled this out.

#3 2013-08-28 11:31:51

Lucas Meneses

Looks like you're right. At system boot dbus starts first the root. But how do I root first start? I put as default dbus as root and boot, but still dbus start first.

#4 2013-08-28 11:41:04

Lucas Meneses

I did it! The problem was that the networkmanager was sysinit, so wanted to start before dbus root but could not. NetworkManager put as default and now the error message disappeared. Thank you! Solved the problem.

#5 2013-08-28 20:01:24

EigenHead

Great! Glad I could be of some help. For future reference there is a way to control the order of the init scripts: read the comments at the end of the /etc/rc.conf script. There are some examples there. Another way is to edit the actual /etc/init.d/<script> you can add statements to the depend() function; just look at some of the other scripts to see how it works. It might also be necessary to set rc_depend_strict=yes in /etc/rc.conf and try flipping the rc_parallel="yes/no" variable if your still getting problems. I'm not sure if editing the init scripts is recommended, so someone might clarify that, but it has worked for me so....
Anyway happy fun too you  smile

Board footer