You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-21 01:43:03

mlmoses

[SOLVED] Can't configure PyQt4-4.10.2-r1000 after upgrade to Qt 4.8.5.

While performing an `emerge @preserved-rebuild` after the update to Qt 4.8.5, PyQt4 failed during the configure phase. I think there might be a problem with the ebuild, but I'm not sure as I'm not all that experienced with Qt, PyQt, or ebuilds. The really odd thing is that I have PyQt4 installed, so it emerged successfully at some point. This makes me think I'm barking up the wrong tree and there's something wrong with my environment (well, environments, as these same problems occur on my laptop), and not the ebuild. Below are some of the things I noticed. Maybe someone can tell me if I'm going in the wrong direction here.

In the following for loop, starting on line 153:

local mod
for mod in QtCore $(use X && echo QtDesigner QtGui) $(use dbus && echo QtDBus) $(use declarative && echo QtDeclarative) $(use opengl && echo QtOpenGL); do
    # Run eqmake4 inside the qpy subdirectories to respect CC, CXX, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS and avoid stripping.
    pushd qpy/${mod} > /dev/null || return
    eqmake4 $(ls w_qpy*.pro)
    popd > /dev/null || return

# Fix insecure runpaths.
    sed -e "/^LFLAGS\s*=/s:-Wl,-rpath,${BUILDDIR}/qpy/${mod}::" -i ${mod}/Makefile || die "Fixing of runpaths failed"
done

I couldn't find any *.pro files whose name began with the "w_" prefix, so the "$(ls w_qpy*.pro)" wasn't finding anything. Also, shouldn't the input file for sed just before the "done" be "qpy/${mod}/Makefile" instead of "${mod}/Makefile"?

I made appropriate modifications and was able to move past these errors, but then ran into a problem with this:

# Avoid stripping of libpythonplugin.so.
if use X; then
    pushd designer > /dev/null || return
    eqmake4 python.pro
    popd > /dev/null || return
fi

I searched, but couldn't find a python.pro file in the PyQt4 source code.

Last edited by mlmoses (2013-07-23 01:03:09)

#2 2013-07-21 03:26:23

rh1
_Member

Re: [SOLVED] Can't configure PyQt4-4.10.2-r1000 after upgrade to Qt 4.8.5.

A bug has been opened about it. It's being looked into. http://bugs.funtoo.org/browse/FL-631

#3 2013-07-23 01:02:52

mlmoses

Re: [SOLVED] Can't configure PyQt4-4.10.2-r1000 after upgrade to Qt 4.8.5.

I synced and tried again tonight. I had no further problems with with PyQt4.

Board footer