You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-05 05:09:53

mlmoses

[SOLVED] PulseAudio forgets settings after a reboot.

I'm using media-sound/pulseaudio-3.0 with gnome-base/gnome-3.6.2. Since upgrading to pulseaudio-3.0, my audio settings are not remembered when I reboot my computer. This happens on both my desktop and my laptop, though they differ slightly in how the sound is configured after a reboot. On my desktop, the output volume in GNOME's sound settings is muted and set to 0%. On my laptop, the volume is unmuted and set at approximately 75%. I can set the volumes to my desired levels and audio plays as expected. I can log out and back in again and the settings will remain where I left them. As soon as I reboot, though, the settings are reverted.

I've tried running PulseAudio with log-level = debug, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary show up in the logs. Nothing I've tried so far has helped. I've even tried removing GNOME and PulseAudio configuration information from my home directory and removing GDM's PulseAudio configuration.

Last edited by mlmoses (2013-01-06 19:39:03)

#2 2013-01-05 21:08:04

leprosys

Re: [SOLVED] PulseAudio forgets settings after a reboot.

I had same problem but now is solved, I don't know how.
I did similar steps:

rm -rf /home/leprosys/.pulse* /.config/ /home/leprosys/.config/pulse /.config/
alsactl store

#3 2013-01-06 19:38:19

mlmoses

Re: [SOLVED] PulseAudio forgets settings after a reboot.

Fixed it! The problem was the alsasound init script. Somehow, it had been removed from its runlevel on both machines (actually, alsa-utils wasn't even installed on my desktop anymore). After adding alsasound back to the boot runlevel, everything is working OK.

Well, almost OK. Something keeps unmuting the built-in microphone on my laptop when I reboot. That's another issue for another time though.

Thanks leprosys. Your post about alsactl got me pointed in the right direction.

Board footer