3 replies to this topic

nrc

nrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio, USA

It's been pretty quiet lately so I want to throw in another "thank you" to the crew that creates and maintains Funtoo.  I discovered Funtoo as a way to fight systemd but I've been really pleased at what a great all-around distro it's proven to be.  So, "Thanks!"

Obligatory systemd hate: http://suckless.org/sucks/systemd

• Otakku and maldoror like this

benzolius

benzolius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Thanks, Funtoo!

Thanks, Daniel and others and for every contribution. It was a long journey, but now from a Kubuntu background I'm in the process of adopting a Funtoo system with KDE Plasma 5.

Regards

• nrc and Otakku like this

brigdeer

brigdeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am very thankful for Funtoo's existance. I'm really glad that you guys(the team) are still maintaining it and I hope it continues for long. I began with Gentoo and I found it incredibly frustrating, and after hours of work I found out my touchpad didn't work with Gentoo kernel. Funtoo on the other hand has been a dream and everything I wanted in a system, I made an account to lurk about and share whatever I can to show community. Thank you, long live!
  • nrc and Otakku like this

sevendogs

sevendogs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Necrobump but at least it's less than a year old :)

So far my 3 or 4 day venture into Funtoo has been very easy and I am very impressed. I used Gentoo back in the early/mid 2000's and it really appealed to my need to tinker. Bounced around and used many, many different distros, even spent about 6 months with FreeBSD. Came back to Linux and wanted a system free of (insert unmentionable init system here) so found Funtoo. Surprised to learn Mr. Robbins was the author and since I loved Gentoo so much, decided to give the distro a whirl. Much easier install and everything has worked well. Thanks Funtoo team, much appreciated!

• nrc likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users