Read the Funtoo Newsletter: Summer 2023 ×

I'm constantly dissconnecting and reconnecting to home wifi

keitho2000

Question

Whenever I boot into funtoo, my wifi will only connect for about 2 seconds until losing connection and reconnecting, but I haven't had that problem on the other network I've connected to. Just so you know, I have the problem no matter how strong my signal is. I'm using networkmanager to manage my connections, and I havent edited any config files regarding networking, and my wifi card is a "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)"

My home wifi has the interface wlp5s0, and is encrypted with a wpa psk passphrase. My network supplier is Uverse, if that's any use to anyone.

The other wifi has the interface wlan0 (I'm pretty sure) and I don't know how it's secured, but I needed a passwork to connect. The owner said that's it's very "open" , although I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. None of these networks are hidden, by the way.

3 answers to this question

wlp5s0 is? it sounds like a new-fashioned names of network interfaces, udev does. eudev does not do this. Anyway, I'd recommend unmasking of networkmanager-1.0.4 and see if it resolved the problem.

echo "net-misc/networkmanager" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask

emerge -1u networkmanger

/etc/init.d/NetworkManger restart

Thanks for the help, guys. For anyone else reading this, I had to do what Oleg suggested and edit /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf to say either dhcp=internal or dhcp=dhclient (it was in the bug report).

I'm finally able to post while booted into funtoo :D :D :D :D