Photo

Pulsaudo fails to compile

- - - - - portage sound pulseaudio alsa gnome

Best Answer j-g- , 18 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

I oneshotted speex, and the compile worked. I was given a lot of errors, but the compile seemed to work. Can someone tell me if these are bad?

Spoiler

There were many similar errors, and the compile took a very long time.

Did you re-run  the ebuild command 2 times from inside /var/tmp/portage/... the directories created get remove everytime you try to do a new build either using emerge  or ebuild ... clean, I have had similar errors when I forgot to cd out of the autogenerated directories.

Now that you have identified that the failure is in speex, report a bug so the dependecy get's added to the ebuild so this error doesn't happen to other people.

Since you emerged it with one-shot you shouldn't have any problems once it gets fixed. you can try from your home dir, to check the errors are because of what I tell you before.
$ sudo emerge --oneshot pulseaudio

Go to the full post »

13 replies to this topic

keitho2000

keitho2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I have been struggling to install gnome for a while now. There was a recent bugfix that was fixed a problem with the spidermonkey installation, but now I'm running into problems with pulseaudio. Whenever I try to emerge it, I get the following errors just after compilation starts:

Spoiler

Here is the output of the emerge --info '=blah blah blah':

Spoiler

Sandro

Sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationSaronno, Via IV Novembre, 23 21047 Italy

What tells to You

# emerge -DNu world --with-bdeps=y -pv

and

euse -I pulseaudio

?

and

emerge -DNu1 pulseaudio -pv

?

Now I'm trying to install also Gnome (i use KDE); and i've also xfce4.

another idea that I have is to compile withoud pulseaudio; once terminated, euse -E pulseaudio to set it globally then emerge -DNu world --with-bdeps=y.

keitho2000

keitho2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I got the same errors after running those commands. :( When I try to compile without pulseaudio support, portage tells me that gnome requires the pulseaudio USE flag. If you're trying to install gnome too, there was a bugfix last night that fixed some problems with the installation of spidermonkey (https://bugs.funtoo.org/browse/FL-2642).

Sandro

Sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

I'm installing gnome; cause we can see if this problem is also for my machine ..... :)

but i start in a situation where pulseaudio is enabled globally :| ..... I'll be glade to give an hand .....

But also "emerge -DNu1 pulseaudio" give you error ?

This is the mine:

[ebuild   R    ] media-sound/pulseaudio-5.99.3-r1  USE="X alsa alsa-plugin asyncns bluetooth caps dbus gdbm glib gnome* gtk ipv6 jack libsamplerate lirc orc qt4 speex ssl tcpd udev webrtc-aec -adrian-aec -doc -equalizer -gcov -native-headset (-neon) -ofono-headset (-oss) -realtime (-system-wide) (-systemd) {-test} -xen -zeroconf" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 1,435 kB

keitho2000

keitho2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

When I run the command portage tries to install pulseaudio like normal... And how is pulseaudio enabled globally, is it because you're using the desktop flavor?

Oleg Vinichenko

Oleg Vinichenko

Staff

• Moderators
  • 357 posts

it is  not enough information given about failure. need complete build.log

www.funtoo.org

keitho2000

keitho2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Oh. I forgot...

Here it is:

Spoiler

Anyone who scrolled through all that deserves my respect

I haven't ever had to post something like this before so just tell me if you need anything else

Oleg Vinichenko

Oleg Vinichenko

Staff

• Moderators
  • 357 posts

was it build.log? looks like it was config.log

www.funtoo.org

j-g-

j-g-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

was it build.log? looks like it was config.log

The build failed at configure phase would there be any more logs?
OP:

You can try to manually check if the configure phase is completing, and if not get the important log with this:
(try to run the build up to the configure phase using the portage user)

# sudo -u portage ebuild $(equery w pulseaudio) clean configure

if that fails with a similar error as the first you posted go into the build dir, I recommend as the portage user.

$ sudo -u portage bash

$ cd /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/pulseaudio/work/pulseaudio-${the version you are installing}/

and run :

$ ./configure  --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --disable-silent-rules --disable-dependency-tracking --with-database=gdbm --enable-bluez5 --disable-bluez4 --disable-bluez5-native-headset --disable-bluez5-ofono-headset --localstatedir=/var --with-udev-rules-dir=//lib/udev/rules.d --disable-coreaudio-output --disable-esound --disable-solaris --disable-waveout --enable-largefile --enable-x11 --disable-adrian-aec --enable-asyncns --enable-glib2 --disable-oss-output --disable-oss-wrapper --enable-alsa --enable-dbus --disable-gcov --enable-gconf --enable-gtk3 --disable-jack --enable-ipv6 --disable-samplerate --disable-lirc --disable-neon-opt --enable-orc --enable-openssl --disable-systemd-daemon --disable-systemd-journal --disable-systemd-login --enable-tcpwrap --disable-default-build-tests --enable-udev --enable-hal-compat --enable-webrtc-aec --disable-xen --disable-avahi --with-caps --without-fftw --with-speex

(This is the line portage ran for you before)
The fail log of this should be what contains the info that matters if configure is what is failing.

Sandro

Sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

[ot]

Oh .... I'm very glad that the the better users (the developers) wants to give an hand :) :) :).

I'm tryiong to install also Gnome 3.x n my system ..... using -Ofast".

I 'lll tell You if all works ok or if there are troubles.

[/ot]

Excuse me for my off topic, but I see thath there was only kdelibs and other two packages that doesn't compile with -Ofast but is necessary "-O2".

Forgive me for off topic :(; but I think may be an experiment that can be of interesting.

For now pulseaudio is compiled succesful addin new local flags.

[ebuild   R    ] media-sound/pulseaudio-5.99.3-r1  USE="X alsa alsa-plugin asyncns bluetooth caps dbus equalizer gdbm glib gnome gtk ipv6 jack libsamplerate lirc orc qt4 realtime speex ssl tcpd udev webrtc-aec -adrian-aec -doc -gcov -native-headset (-neon) -ofono-headset (-oss) (-system-wide) (-systemd) {-test} -xen -zeroconf" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 kB

Good Work for All !!!!!! and excuse me .

Ciao Great !

keitho2000

keitho2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

When I try to run the ./configure command, it fails after checking things. The last 2 lines are

checking for LIBSPEEX... no
configure: error: *** speex support not found

When I remove --with-speex, I am told that I should always use speex support.

And here is the rest of the relevant info:

The output of emerge -pqv '=media-sound/pulseaudio-5.99.3-r1':

Spoiler

My build log at /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/pulseaudio-5.99.3-r1/temp/build.log:

Spoiler

And my ebuild environment at /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/pulseaudio-5.99.3-r1/temp/environment:

Spoiler

Sandro

Sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Have You tried before:

# emerge --oneshot speex

?

keitho2000

keitho2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I oneshotted speex, and the compile worked. I was given a lot of errors, but the compile seemed to work. Can someone tell me if these are bad?

Spoiler

j-g-

j-g-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
✓  Best Answer

Spoiler

Did you re-run  the ebuild command 2 times from inside /var/tmp/portage/... the directories created get remove everytime you try to do a new build either using emerge  or ebuild ... clean, I have had similar errors when I forgot to cd out of the autogenerated directories.

Now that you have identified that the failure is in speex, report a bug so the dependecy get's added to the ebuild so this error doesn't happen to other people.

Since you emerged it with one-shot you shouldn't have any problems once it gets fixed. you can try from your home dir, to check the errors are because of what I tell you before.
$ sudo emerge --oneshot pulseaudio

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: portage, sound, pulseaudio, alsa, gnome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users