Photo

[Wiki] Remove fancynote and counterparts in favor of their non-fancy equivalents

wiki

5 replies to this topic

pytony

pytony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationScrew gravity!

With the new design Template:Fancynote is now an alias for Template:Note.

Though {{Fancynote}} is most widely used, I'd suggest to remove it in favor of {{Note}} which is more concise and meaningful.

If you agree, I will replace all {{Fancynote}} occurences to {{Note}} and mark [[Template:Fancynote]] as deprecated (with the new template I created for that purpose) so that people using {{fancynote}} get warned it has changed.

Obviously, this also applies to (fancy)important, (fancy)tip, and (fancy)warning.

Not a big deal, but there is some general cleanup to do on the wiki regarding to deprecated things, old pages, unused things, wanted things, ...

666threesixes666

666threesixes666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

idk i think it needs some sort of site wide recursion that doesnt flood the logs....  like database level alterations....  its proper solutions past my experience

Duke: No more of that talk or I'll put the f*cking leeches on you, understand?

Paul: [about Percy] The man is mean and careless and stupid, and that's a bad combination in a place like this.

pytony

pytony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationScrew gravity!

I know we can script bots but I did not look into it for now.

drobbins

drobbins

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 135 posts

"Fixing" this doesn't result in any benefit for wiki readers, so it seems like a poor area to focus on.

pytony

pytony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationScrew gravity!

Indeed, it sounds quite cosmetic against the huge work to be done. However, I'll finish to cleanup pages using old templates that are yet removed.

aramisqc

aramisqc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSte-Anne-de-Beaupré QC (Canada)

Because of foreign languages support, is it possible to have French equivalents for Warning (Attention) and Tip (Astuce) ?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wiki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users