3 replies to this topic

nrc

nrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio, USA

I just found that there's a link to find distros without systemd on Distrowatch.  I checked it out, curious to see where Funtoo would fall in the list.

Surprisingly it wasn't listed at all.  Looking at Funtoo's entry, I see that's because they have Funtoo listed as including systemd version 232.  Obviously they're just pulling the package list and systemd is there via Gentoo even though it's masked.

That's unfortunate.  If distrowatch provided a link I have to think that they've seen an interest.  Given the way the information is gathered I don't have any bright ideas on how to get it included.  It would seem appropriate to at least mention in the description that Funtoo is systemd-free.

• angus71 likes this

angus71

angus71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi nrc,

what about an email? Just a short message to distrowatch.com that funtoo is systemd-free by default...

Funtoo is listed at without-systemd.org, so the folks at distrowatch could check this easily.

:)

hencb

hencb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

https://bugs.funtoo.org/browse/FL-3590possible update to gcc 5.4.0

nrc

nrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio, USA

Hi nrc,

what about an email? Just a short message to distrowatch.com that funtoo is systemd-free by default...

Funtoo is listed at without-systemd.org, so the folks at distrowatch could check this easily.

:)

I don't think it's as simple as that.  It's not a list that they manually create, it's a database query that returns distros that don't include systemd based information that they've gathered.  I assume that this is all an automated process.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users